Hey Everyone 🙂
I’ve been a little behind in my updates… and I’m still in the middle of my monstrous “Excited- Part 2” entry which is now long overdue! I’ll get that done… I promise 🙂
In the meantime, this past week was a not so pleasant one after Chemo #5. The chemo day itself went pretty smoothly with Alice (my wonderful nurse) finding my vein with ease & a lovely smile on her face as always! She was so excited that Ike & I were getting married after this round 5 that she offered a great big hug & even the heat-pad as a wedding gift 🙂 The days after the chemo were pretty tiring. Sometimes, halfway through the day I’d feel like I’d gotten hit by a truck all of a sudden & in need of a nap. Even on Sunday when Ike & I went out for Brunch, I was completely exhausted after the meal and needed to go home shortly after. But despite all these side effects, we just wanted to thank our friends and family for cooking, caring, praying and putting a smile on our faces even on the tough days!
Other side effects that I have been noticing this round include
- numb fingers
- low-grade fever on my 3rd night of neupogen injection. Ike & I prayed hard for the fever to subside.. and PTL! it was answered!
- pain in my back from the neupogen
- jaw/neck pain from the neupogen
- more lines & discolouration in my fingernails (which I will gladly cover up for the wedding 🙂
- nauseous feelings for more than a week
- mouthsore near the back of my mouth –> knew I should’ve gotten those wisdom teeth out! I’ve been religiously putting Propylis on it to help with the swelling… oh! it works & it Stings like a bee…. no pun intended.
Aside from the side effects, when I’m up and at ’em… it’s makes them less noticeable! And.. this week was full of appointments to keep me on my toes! Had a chinese doctor’s appointment today along with my wedding dress fitting 🙂 Tomorrow, I have an ultrasound for my liver at TGH…and Thursday, I’m seeing Dr. Fong (my liver specialist) for a check-up since starting chemo along with a final chipao dress fitting in the evening! Whew! God, give me strength to get through the next few days without any complications… pretty please 🙂
Update soon times!