After going for bloodwork yesterday and seeing Dr. Villa & Sue, my counts are ready for the 5th round of R-CHOP on Monday. In comparison to the past few rounds, my bloodcount is a higher this time, and I’ve gained a couple of pounds! I’ve been so determined in not losing pounds, that I actually weigh a little more than I was pre-cancer. I guess the long weekend, a trip to Pittsburgh and having an appetite can do that to you 🙂
I’m in the midst of a monstrous entry that I intended to post this past week. Still working on it… and hopefully, I’ll have time to upload my pictures from Pittsburgh to accompany what I want to say. That’s why the blog hasn’t seen any updates in the past week.
Thanks for all your support and prayers and both & Ike are heading into my last couple of rounds of chemo. God-willing, I won’t need a 7th or 8th round. What’s even better about this round 5, is that I get a 4-5 week break before the 6th cycle!!!! …. just in time… for our wedding.
It was funny, I was telling my doc & nurse that I’ll be coming in for the 6th round the Monday after the wedding. They both had the same reply, “No! I won’t let you do that! That’s not a very romantic honeymoon at all!” So, maybe we’ll get to go away for a couple of days because of the postponed treatment 🙂
As for the rest of this past week, I spent a lot of time with my Mom and Wynne (Ike’s mom who’s in town from Vancouver). We had good times, good food, and good exercise going around the city… running errands for the wedding in this HOT & HUMID Toronto weather! Hope everyone also stayed hydrated & cool wherever you are 🙂
Thanks & Praise to God for…
- good friends & family:)
- taking care of the big and small details of the wedding
- Thank God for A/C, a house to keep cool in, and Tim Horton’s Cold Drinks!
- a good appetite this round
- minimal side effects: only “zebra” fingernails (white lines & darker lines on the nails), minor fatigue, and numbness in fingertips
Please Pray for…
- patience & faith while waiting on God
- patience & calmness during a very busy month prepping for the wedding
- grandpa’s recovery- He’s living at Tendercare for the time being while undergoing rehab for his hip surgery
- good veins for Monday
Lovin’ this song 🙂 A Mellow tune on a hot day for a special someone.
Girl Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae